This Crazy Season

So I have been talking to a lot of people in the past week about how fast this Christmas season has been going.  My friend asked me yesterday if I was "all ready for Christmas" and I said "Nope. I haven't done anything".  She was like, "I like your attitude".  And now I am pretty proud of myself, as a new Catholic, that I can embrace the idea of taking it easy during Advent.  Now, I may just be pregnant and lazy, but I am going with the idea that I am a "really good christian".
my crazy kids...not chilling during this season

From what I was told during RCIA (I am paraphrasing here), Advent is a time of reflection, anticipation, prayer and joy...yadda yadda yadda.  It isn't until Christmas day, or Eve, that we should be "all up in Christmas"...yeah, I just said that.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a huge pregnant hormonal mess.  But I do, at certain times of the day, feel a sense of peace, especially reading the two books I am reading right now:

Advent and Christmas with Thomas Merton
(Apparently I should know who he is...a cool monk who was and is really popular from the 40's-now...but he's deceased)

Praying for your Unborn Child by Francis and Judith MacNutt 
(My friend gave me this book and it looks SERIOUSLY outdated but it's got great advice on the affect of prayer and positivity on your baby.  It's made it the 80's....like me.....wait.....)

Anyway, I suggest that everyone, Christian or not, relax a little...smell the pine....read something good and useful.  Not just for your sake, but for the sake of everyone around you, like the person you hit with your shopping cart, or flip off in traffic or the messengers you kill...you know what I mean.

Comments

Popular Posts